stripes

To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: stripes
From: shifty <shifty@best.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:29:44 -0700
I've been thinking about striping the 2-liter. I haven't seen that many
pictures of striped roadsters. Considering one wide stripe down the middle
of the hood and trunk with parallel pinstripes on each side.

The trick is how wide to make it. Seems to me that total width of the stripe
and pinstripes should be approximately equal to the width of the license
plate (12"). This should be wide enough to have the D-A-T-S-U-N letters on
the hood (~11-3/8") within the wide stripe.

Will 3M vinyl striping work over the ridges on the hood and trunk? Painted
would be better?

Anyone have any pointers?

Thanks,

Leigh Brooks