Head Gaskets

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head Gaskets
From: JLBrooksNC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:35:18 EDT
I need some tips on installing gaskets.  I recently replaced the head on my
2000 and I also replaced the manifold gasket, used copper-coat on both; both
leaked. Used Nissan parts from dealer.

The manifold gasket started leaking when I poured water into the radiator…
drip, drip, drip. I took the new one off (rip) and put the old one back on
(with a black manifold sealer this time).  Now the manifold gasket doesn’t
appear to be leaking (on the outside).

Cranked up the Datsun and it started blowing white smoke (water???).  Haven’t
re-torqued yet.

Pretty much followed Tom’s tips for (1600) Head Gasket Replacement.
What did I do wrong, how do I fix it, or how do I do it right next time?  (
I’ve got more Nissan gaskets)

Thanks,
John Brooks
68 2000, 2L