[no subject]

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
From: "The Blair's" <jblair@rcsis.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:44:08 -0700
I've got a positive ground 1500. I can't seem to get the temperature gauge
to work.
When I bought the car, the sending unit was broken off. I checked the dash
gauge
by grounding the wire to the frame and the dash gauge moves from "hot" to
"cold"
. So I bought a new sender. Now with the new sender in the car, the gauge
stays
at "hot" all the time. So, I am confused.
So here are my questions:
Is the sender supposed to have continuity to ground when it's cold?
If it did, the gauge would read cold. Mine has no continuity when cold.
Is the dash gauge "rest position" when the key off supposed to be hot?
If not, maybe my dash gauge is bad.
Reversing the wires on the gauge has no effect.

Any Ideas???
Joe Blair
Granite Bay, Ca
1964 SPL 310 #2775D