Back in the diff goes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Back in the diff goes
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 00:52:14 EDT
Hello all,

    Put the differential back in by flashlight. Runs quiet AND cool. Turns
out Nissan lists about fifteen different spacers, different thicknesses. One
small problem. Somewhere along the way the sizes of the spacers got left out
of the parts system. So you have fifteen part numbers and no way to tell the
one you need. They are trying to sort it out. Rather than wait, I fired up
the lathe and made my own. Turns out the spacer needed to be .0025" thicker,
about the thickness of a sheet of paper. Now as soon as I get the rest of the
air out of the brakes I'll be on my way.

                            keith