RE: Exhaust

To: "The Belgian Roadster" <chriss@euregio.net>,
Subject: RE: Exhaust
From: "Rob Robinson" <fastrtime@t-three.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 01:21:55 -0400
I don't know about any pre-bent exhaust systems for the Roadster, but here's
what I'm running: Header from Fairlady Products, 8" x 2.25" ID flexpipe,
2.25" pipe, 2.25" Dynomax "UltraFlo" muffler, 2.25" Dynomax glasspack.

I highly recommend the header from Fairlady Products. It has a nice thick
flange and fits perfectly. The flexpipe is similar to what you might find on
a FWD car, and is needed in my case to prevent pipe breakage since the 2.25"
pipe is an extremely tight fit in the frame. The UltraFlo muffer is really
just a fancy glasspack with an oval case - but it does reduce the sound a
bit more. My car's exhaust noise is about as loud as its intake noise, which
is loud but not loud enough to be a "cop magnet". Nice smooth sound with
none of the "BBs in a mayonaise jar" sound common with turbo mufflers.

Rob Robinson
CSP 67 2000
Roanoke, VA