Re: Another newbie mechanic (and owner)

To: Kyle Hagemann <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Subject: Re: Another newbie mechanic (and owner)
From: Jason Simpson <jason@xio.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:47:17 -0700
Kyle Hagemann wrote:

> Hi Jason.  Welcome to Roadsterhood!

Thanks!

> Your timetable sounds reasonable:-)  Take your time, do one thing at a time,
> and EVERYTHING's easy...  parts are available from our on-list vendors,
> they will probably chime in.

Excellent. Are there any books on auto mechanics in general or on these
fine Datsun roadsters that are especially recommended for a newbie like
me?

> You'll want something to keep it out of the weather, especially when you
> get a job that takes more than a day to do.  Something level, well lit,
> with easy access to air and electrical power.  Something with a hydraulic
> lift and in-ground fluid drain.  Something with a white epoxy floor and
> a fridge with a Beer Tap in the door.......:-D

Heh. That'd be quite nice! I'll have to figure something out being here
in the wetness of Seattle, whether it's constructing a 'carport' type
area in the driveway, or storing the car temporarily at my dad's or at
my friend's garage about an hour away by car and ferry (ouch).

I'll give the tachometer a nice drill test and the temperature sender a
good cleaning and see.

        Thanks again to everyone for the gracious welcome!
        -jrs