two things (oops, 3)

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: two things (oops, 3)
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:35:56 -0700
two things:
first, saw this ad in a local classifieds page.  anyone out there?  hmmm,
started with a one-wire-GM-alternator and didn't know when to stop.

1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster Converted V6 Firebird eng, Roll Bar, Alloys, 5
speed, New Silver pnt, HardTop, Excellent Condition
714-969-0971 (huntington beach, CA), $3900 firm.

second, reference message below:
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Mystery Roadster Spotted

 <<But it did run on Panasports and the rear leaf spring shackle was
turned upside down.>>

What? which way is it supposed to go?  My rear springs are so sprung that
they are nearly concave, and I'm sure my picture is posted on the wall of
the trench-plate-rental company as Public Enemy #6.  Do the shackles hold
the aft end of the leaf spring above the mount or below?  I'd move it to
below, to buy a couple inches, but I think cornering would be a bit like
watching a slinky walk down stairs.

third thing:
I had a local muffler shop re-do my tailpipe, and wanted to avoid these guys
messing with opening up the frame, since I couldn't stay and watch.  when
they said they didn't have 1-7/8" tubing to go thru the frame I told them it
was okay to put 1-3/4", and after adjusting to the greatly reduced noise
factor (it had a huuuge leak), I definitely notice a slight negative change
in throttle response.  can you say 'choked flow'?  Next time I'll know, I
guess.  No more loose pipes hitting the frame, though.
Now someone else in the alley has the most obnoxious exhaust,
Fergus O'Farrell