Controls of unknown function ('70 1600)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Jason Simpson <jason@xio.com>
Subject: Controls of unknown function ('70 1600)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:26:53 -0700
How about listing some alternative uses for the S/BRAKE knob and light. We
know it isn't very useful with the existing function, so why not re-plumb
it. I came up with these as a start.

Pulling the knob...

1) tells you if your engine is running. I've seen people automatically turn
the ignition key and "scrunch!!!". This will save your starter.

2) actuates a passenger ejection mechanism. Handy when you'd rather listen
to the purr of the engine instead of your date.

3) raises/lowers the convertible top. Note that this will take a LOT of
work.

4) turns on a dome light. Of course, you have to figure out how to install
a dome light.

5) actuates the nitrous-oxide system. Maybe Ron Hamilton and a few others
have already done this.

6) deploys the rear chute, good for panic stops.

7) inflates a dummy passenger, for when you're driving through dangerous
neighborhoods and you don't want to look like you're alone.

8) inflates a dummy passenger, so you'd rather be alone.

9) opens the drain plugs in the floor so if it starts raining and you don't have
a top your feet stay dry (Ken Pletcher needs this).

10) pops open a compartment displaying the phone numbers of all our roadster
vendors in case you get stuck.

All in good fun, Fred - So.SF
BADROC