Re: Grant Steering Wheel Adapter

To: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Subject: Re: Grant Steering Wheel Adapter
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:40:49 -0500
When I bought my wheel several years ago it came with an adapter #4581.
The only troubles that I have had with the adapter is that the copper
sheet that is the horn contact touched the steering column and needed
to be ground away a little so it would clear.  After a couple of years
the horn became intermittent.  It seems that the copper had worn away.
I replaced the copper with a .010" brass sheet and reshaped the brush
to be more rounded.  It works fine now, check back with me in a few years!

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885