1600 Head Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1600 Head Question
From: "Robin Krause" <robinkrause@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:32:07 GMT
I have two R16 heads and am hoping to combine the parts into one strong
usable head.  (Thank you Datsun Dave for that suggestion)  While going over
them at the machine shop, we noticed some strange things about the head that
actually came out of my car.  It had been significantly shaved, which was in
itself not surprising, but the eyebrow shaped ridges next to the valves had
been smoothed out, as well.

My question is what is the "proper" head thickness for an R16 engine?  If
anyone also knows why the ridges would have been smoothed out too, that
would be helpful.

Thanks!
Robin Krause
68 1600