RE: Re[2]: Controls of unknown function ('70 1600)

Subject: RE: Re[2]: Controls of unknown function ('70 1600)
From: "Ryan, Richard" <RRyan@frk.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:19:00 -0700
OK, OK Here's my hand throttle story.

We had a '67 Alfa Duetto Spider back in NY.  One winter morning on the way
to work I stuffed it into a snow bank in our apartment complex.  It wouldn't
back out due to the ice and snow under the rear wheels.

Bright idea--Put it in reverse, pull out the hand throttle a little so the
wheels will spin in reverse, then get out and push the rear end of the Alfa
sideways until the spinning tires found some clear pavement.

It worked great.  That's when I realized it was backing down the street with
no one in it.  Luckily it backed into a snow bank on the other side of the
street and not into a parked car.

Dick Ryan  ex. 24022
(650)312-4022
Risk Management Dept.