Rear Shackles

To: Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Shackles
From: <Chris.Brucciani@ercgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:41:45 -0500
My rear shackles are upside down.  It  raises the rear a bit, but I kinda
like the look.  The ride is pretty decent, but my cornering speeds are down.
I will change it whenever my piggybank allows me to get comp. springs and
decent shocks.

<<But it did run on Panasports and the rear leaf spring shackle was
turned upside down.>>

<<What? which way is it supposed to go?  My rear springs are so sprung that
they are nearly concave, and I'm sure my picture is posted on the wall of
the trench-plate-rental company as Public Enemy #6.  Do the shackles hold
the aft end of the leaf spring above the mount or below?  I'd move it to
below, to buy a couple inches, but I think cornering would be a bit like
watching a slinky walk down stairs.>>