1500 Throttle Shaft

Subject: 1500 Throttle Shaft
From: "Charles Hubbard" <cehubbard@home.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:22:33 -0500
Does anyone have a new throttle shaft for a 1500 SU carburetor? It's for the
front Carb. It's exactly 4 inches long.

I bought 2 new short ones (3.75") and was going to put them in just to make
sure that I had nice new shafts. I tore up the front one while drilling the
butterfly screws out of it. Had I bothered to measure it first. I would have
discovered that it just happens to be 1/4 longer than the back one. But
wait...it gets better. Come to find out, it's a hard to find part! If any of
you has a spare to sell, I would be more than happy to take it off your
hands.

Charlie
Charles Hubbard
1964 SPL310