pollution, was unknown controls

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: pollution, was unknown controls
From: weisner <weisner@seidata.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 02:19:29 -0700
I was told once that when you figure in all of the materials
and energy it takes to build a vehicle, From the strip mine to the
dealers lights, that a new car does more damage to the environment
before it reaches the showroom than in all of the miles driven after.
        There is probably a conspiracy between the government and the
auto makers to prevent this from being told to the general public or the
whole world economy would suffer because we would all be driving 30 year
old cars.
        Kurt Weisner