lower rad hose for 2000?

To: list roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: lower rad hose for 2000?
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:02:22 -0700 (PDT)
Played Garage Queen for 6 days waiting for new lower rad hose to come in
(thank you UPS).  Got it today, and it's 3-4 INCHES shorter than the
previous!?! NO WAY will that fit (I tried). Parts man assures me that's the
right hose for a 2000. Both old and new have the nylon braid, approx the same
bends..

So, how can that be?
I THINK the radiator looks like any other I've seen on a 2L. I've had it out,
didn't seem to be a custom fit... Only thing I can figure is possibly it's a
radiator from a similar car? 510? It DOES run cooler than any other roadster
I've seen, but I wrote it off as the gauge being off.

Any thoughts?
sigh.

I didn't buy my roadster to be a garage queen, and the last 2 months
are making going back to motorcycling look pretty good..

Thanks,
dan         '69 2000
Colorado Springs, CO
www.wycroc.org