Re: Mazda MX5 (Miata, I think)

To: "noji" <noji@snowman.med.umn.edu>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mazda MX5 (Miata, I think)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:13:59 -0400
Dana,

That's exactly right and a point I was going to bring up. Those 150HP
Solexes are SAE GROSS HP figures, not NET figures as used today.

For us older guys remember when in 1972 all the HP figures dropped for all
the muscle cars?? Chevy 350/300HP cars went to 350/210HP, the Z28 went from
350/370 to 350/270. That was because they went from gross to net HP ratings.
The same happened to the Japanese cars. The 125HP 2L was probably closer to
100HP and the 1600 probably closer to 80HP or maybe 75HP.

FWIW,
Mike

PS - The soft top action is great too! Takes me about 1.5 minutes to put it
up and about 1 to take it down.