Silvia CSP311 : UPDATE

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, earlydatsun@listbot.com
Subject: Silvia CSP311 : UPDATE
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:19:29 GMT
Hi all,

I just have to share this with you all..........please keep with me....

As folks may (or may not) know , About 3 months ago, I purchased a 1966
CSP311 Silvia and had it shipped from Hawaii to my home in Northern
California. After some major clean-up and some new paint, she is looking
pretty good.

So this evening, I brought my 5 year old son to the video store to rent some
cartoons for over the weekend. After my son chose a "few" videos....the
store clerk mentioned that there is a special ....5 videos for 5 dollars for
the older stock of movies.

So out of the corner of my eye a see a copy of "The Karate Kid".Hmmm, I
remember Alan Bent mentioned that there is a cameo appearence of a CSP311 in
the movie so...I choose movie #5....The Karate Kid , Part two.

I fast forward through about an hour of the film to the the scene with the
Silvia. So I quickly view the 20 seconds of the Silvia footage....The Silvia
in the movie looks pretty nice, a white car with a shiny grill.....but
missing something...maybe the front bumper. I rewind the tape and play the
scene again.

Yes...again its a white car...but it actually does have a front
bumper....but custom made. Just like my car!!!!!!

.....Hmmm, it has a full-length rear view mirror....Just like my car. It has
the same late market z seats (same color)....just like my car. It has the
same non-standard door trim just as my car did. It has the same after market
side mirors as my car had. White color.....same as my car. BUt, the front
bumper was the ultimate because the bumper is a custom hand made design. A
close look at the hood of the car reveals that it has a custom bonnet, just
the same as my car. I watch the final movie credits...and guess where the
movie was filmed....HAWAII!!!! Same place where I purchased my car from!!!

HOLY MOLY!!!!! My Silvia is famous!! After watching the film 10 times...I'm
positive that my Silvia is the car used in the Karate Kid Part Two.

Small World

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA
1966 SPL311