Re: Factory lightweights and Roadster frames

To: csp311@telia.com
Subject: Re: Factory lightweights and Roadster frames
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:14:45 EDT
In a message dated 04/08/2001 21:41:57 GMT Daylight Time, csp311@telia.com
writes:

> Hi Rob, I remember going to Birmingham in 1983 to have
> a look at 2 factory rally Z-cars. They were owned by
> a Nissan dealer in Wolverhampton. Lot's of strange
> stuff on them. I have also seen a lot of rare cars and
> parts at Silverstone while Spike Anderson was in business.
> I was even offered a complete cross flow head from 4-ways
> for #1000.- but I turned it down. It later went into John
> Taylor's black Z. The last time I went to England by car

Hi Thomas

Coincidentally, I heard of a Z-432 engine stored over here for many years
last month. Planning to take a look (and, who knows, make an offer?) next
month.

Heard a rumour that the only 1967 2000 in the UK was sold to a guy in France
last month - the frame, motor etc had been at Silverstone for many years
while the body was up near Manchester. I had made several offers on this car
over the past 5 years and it's a shame if it has left these shores.

My early (1965) SPL311 parts car (chassis #385) finally went to the wreckers
today - sad to see it go but it was beyond help.

Following recent events I now have loads of room on the driveway - what can I
buy now?

Rob