Re: starting problems

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: starting problems
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 08:45:47 -0500
>Mark Sedlack

> I have to park my Z every winter, and disconnecting the battery and
> remembering to charge it was tough - wasted a DieHard two years ago with a
> dead cell from sitting for 3 months.  I bought a battery maintainer-
> electronic gizmo that you attach to the battery terminals and mount near it.
> You plug it in whenever you're not driving the car for a while, and it act
> just like an alternator, sensing battery voltage, and charging it when it
> starts to drop.

Now that you mention it, someone (MSD or Painless?) sells something like
 that. I've seen them in the Jeg's and Summitt catalogs. I'll try to dig
through one in the next few days and post the info.

FWIW, Ron

ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)