Roadster folks are great/ I hate vettes/ say hi to Harvey

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster folks are great/ I hate vettes/ say hi to Harvey
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 00:28:20 EDT
First, I just gotta say.... Roadster Folks are GREAT ! ! !   Jim Williams in
particular. A big thanks goes out to him today. I kinda dumped a large
Roadster shaped piece of junk off at his house this afternoon.  He has
generously offered us the use of his garage to dismantle a '69 SRL parts car
- (apartment living sucks !!!)  Whatta guy ! Boy did it make his
freshly-painted RRRRRED roadster look nice ! On the up-side for him- he's
getting a nice clean body shell out of the deal ( the second of a coupla cars
I recently picked up) to turn into something really cool.  THANKS !

Second item. I think I confirmed Sat eve that I really hate new corvettes -
or at least 2 of their owners in particular. I was coming back home from the
show at the Scottsdale Pavilions when a couple of $#%$@$ idiots in new
corvettes who were leaving the show decided on some 110mph+ racing down the
freeway. I was in the RH lane when the first one zoomed by on MY right
(nevermind the fact there was a jersey wall to that side and more traffic to
my left) he got through and cut in front of me and was gone. He had only
inches to spare on either side. Then his buddy came along, went for the same
line- but missed the hole. I guess I can only sat that 'vette brakes work
fairly well ( if they didn't I wouldn't be here to write this) - he darned
near climbed right up the back of the Roadster- literally almost touching my
car. All the while Mark was following me in his Cortina, helplessly watching
all of this and really hoping that he wasn't gonna hafta scrape me & my 10
y/o off the road that night. Not fun - and the 'vette crowd at the weekly
show is not gonna get rid of me until I have some apologies !!!  see how they
like a silly little japanese car parked right in the way of their big
american muscle cars!!

3rd - everyone give a big Roadster List welcome to my buddy Harvey !  I was
at his house Fri helping sort out project bits ( He bought Dean Tilton's
'70-1600  - I'll let HIM tell you about that)  and finally got him signed up
for the Roadster List. He's probably sitting in front of his computer now,
shaking his head, and wondering where all of the eMail came from <G>

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ