Re[2]: Seattle area windshield help

To: ericarm@alum.calberkeley.org, Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: Seattle area windshield help
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:39:13 -0700
Low windshields are trickier. Recently I heard Herb Petty (at least I think
it was Herb, memory is a bit foggy) relay a tale of someone getting a low
windshield installed by a windshield "professional". 3 attempts failed,
with the need to acquire a new windshield after each attempt. In each case,
the glass cracked during the bolt-in or shortly thereafter. The solution?
Taking it to an installer knowledgeable in roadsters who knew how to
properly shim the mounting bars with the right washers so there was no
stress on the glass.

Fred - So.SF