Re: Copper head gaskets - leak free

To: Helter Skelter <helterskelter@home.com>
Subject: Re: Copper head gaskets - leak free
From: Pamela Pepoy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:49:04 -0700
Each cylinder has a ring that goes completely around the circumference of the
cylinder. So... I have four copper circles embeded into the engine block. Each
cylinder has its own copper ring.  Sounds like it might be wise to use
stainless? Is it difficult to switch from copper to stainless?  It also sounds
like it might be a good idea to O ring the head to match the block.  Is this
necessary?   I am new to this.  Never seen an O ringed anything before.
Thanks for the help.
Guy
67.5 Stroker
Tempe, AZ