time slip

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: time slip
From: David & Candy Pina <casalp@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:47:43 +0000
Speaking of auto crossing, Daniel and I finished second and third
respectively in EP in the SF Region Championship series. Between us we
managed 3   Top 10  Time of Days. We finished behind a guy named Arnold
Escanio in a, ugh,  71 Corolla. He managed to get several Top Time of
Day runs in this series, paxing fourth at least once for those who are
familiar with that. For the last event on Sunday, Daniel was in Spain,
so I was on my own. EP was in the 5th run group. Arnold's first run, he
set the TTOD to that point, a 39.15x. I ran 5 cars later, and lowered
the TToD to 39.11x. That was with 2 missed shifts!! Then Arnold lowered
it to 38.6xx. I came out ready to nail a real fast run. I totally missed
the second turn, stopped, backed up and couldn't find 1st. Finally got
it and then thought I miss shifted going to second, but no, there was no
second to be found.  I finished my run in third gear. End of my day.
Arnold again  set TToD  on his third run, 37.x something. I know I could
have been right there with him!!! Darn. Well you can guess what I did
today. Fortunately, I have another 5 speed that I put in today. It was
going to go into my street 1600.  Hey Dennis, what do you charge to
build a close ratio??
David Pina SRL 701