Re: Road Atlanta SEROC

To: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>, reggie.orr@ps.ge.com
Subject: Re: Road Atlanta SEROC
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:04:49 -0400
YES!  As a resident of the Shenandoah Valley who lives just off VA Rt. 11
and 20 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, I highly recommend some such a
route--with frequent detours onto some of "side" roads.

For example, If you're traveling down I-81 Southbound, take the
Bridgewater, VA exit west (I think its exit 331) to Rt. 42 South.  Rt. 42
is only 2 miles off of I-81 at this point.  Then take Rt. 42 for the next
15 miles to Rt. 250 South and take to Rt. 275 East back to I-81.  That 15
mile stretch of Rt. 42 was named one of Car and Driver's "Top Ten Driving
Roads" for South East.  I drive it at least 2-3 times a week and it is
AWESOME!!!!  Between stretches of snickity S-turns to several wide sweepers
and a couple of straights to open it up, it is a drivers dream.

There are countless such roads between VA and Georgia that just beg to be
driven hard.

Enjoy the ride.
Alex Avery
Staunton, VA