What the?!?!?!

To: " roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: What the?!?!?!
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:40:00 -0500
List,
     So what would bring this about?  I parted the trans from the motor
yesterday, and what do you know, there's a roughly (and I mean roughly)
rectangular hole in the bell housing covered by a thin piece of metal
fastened by two sheet metal screws.  What would bring that about?  Also,
this being the first time I've set eyes on my roadster's flywheel, are
tose small, shallow radiating cracks or tears normal?!?  They only seem
to be where the fiber disc rode against the flywheel.  And  speaking of
the fiber disc.  At least it didn't wear down to the rivets, but it did
separate from the inner portion of the disc.  Is this common?  Strange
and unusual pictures at:

http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/r16_engine.html

What do you think Sirs?  (And Madames)

-Marc T.