BRE Air dam Installation

To: "'roadster'" <roadster@rcn.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: BRE Air dam Installation
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:52:11 -0700
>I drilled holes close to the front edge of the airdam because of the small
lip on the sheetmetal of the car. Started with the front center, using #8
machine screws, flat washers. Backed them up with lockwashers and nuts, with
a drop of blue threadlocker.

Much in the same fashion as Fred, I used eight #10x24 countersunk screws
with countersunk stand-off washers and nut-plates. I used four medium sized
spring clamps to hold things together during line up. I marked the center of
the dam and the center of the valence then started my line up from that
point. i placed a screw at each side of the center hole and worked out from
there. It was easier than I had feared. and felt silly for not doing it when
I first got it, six months earier.

For Paul's race car, You can use an aluminum sheet and fasten it with
Cam-locks directly to the front valence. A little rubber trimming on the
bottom and you'll be ready for action.