Re: Ultimate carb. set-up

To: "Rick Zeuschner" <rickultracolor@iprimus.com.au>,
Subject: Re: Ultimate carb. set-up
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 06:27:52 -0500
I've been running a Facet pump for about 20 years with no problems
whatsoever. If you get one, get the low pressure model 1.5 - 3 lbs. I
mounted it on thick rubber and yes it ticks but when you're driving you
can't hear it because of all the other noises. If you store your car for a
week or more it makes a big difference in starting as long as you let the
pump fill up the bowls first.

Ultimate carb set up would probably be the Solexes providing they are
properly setup and you have the cam and dizzy for it. They are the ultimate
price however and in the US sell for 3K or a million Aus$ :)

Do I think it's worth it? Not really, but I don't want to start a war here
again. I think you get more bang for your $$ if you get your head modified
and a Solex cam and use SUs providing you dial in those also.

Mike