Re: S U Carb Needle Centering

To: John Sugar <jsugar@quiknet.com>
Subject: Re: S U Carb Needle Centering
From: Marc Sayer <marc@gracieland.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 00:24:13 -0800
The easiest way to do this is with a tool made for this purpose. There is a
German tool kit made for SUs that includes a centering tool that is mounted in
place of the needle temporarily, to allow you to get things properly centered.
But, the British SU jets are a slightly different size than the Japanese so the
tool is not as snug as it should be and it is still a bit of a fiddle to get it
right. I've talked with Les about making similar kits specifically for the
Japanese applications. If there is interest I'll look into it. I'll try to get
some images of the German kits up on a website if I can so folks will know
what's in the kit and what I am talking about.

--
Marc Sayer
82 280ZXT