Re: Sigh....

To: "Chris Robertson" <ckrobertson@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Sigh....
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 19:44:31 -0500
That car is an abortion that IMO is poorly thought out. The tunnel which the
body derives most of its strength from is gone and where the hell do you put
your pedals as that area is pushed all the way back with no room for
anything, including your feet.

Besides, I doubt the frame would hold up to that much power. Many years ago
in Hot Rod, a Roadster with a 350 and 4 speed was advertised for sale. I
called the guy up for more details and he told me the frame twisted if he
used 1st gear and he had to heavily gusset the frame. He was a Nissan
mechanic who lived in RI. He also honestly said it went great going straight
but around the turns it left much to be desired.

I guess it would be worth at least 1K just for the engine and tranny then
dump the car.

Mike