Re: Engine lifting points

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine lifting points
From: John Hogan <mad@madgrizzle.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 19:31:41 -0500
Ah.. well, apparently the answer is no. :)  So its a couple of bolt on
eyelets, eh?  Well.. the hooks for the engine tilter are actually L-shaped
brackets with a bolt hole on the vertical and horizontal parts of the L.  I
could bolt it to the engine then.  Which bolt hole would the eyelets be
attached to?  I could see if I can bolt my L-brackets to them.

Thanks

John

At 03:53 PM 2/2/02 -0800, you wrote:
>John,
>
>Are the lifting eyelets in place? There are two metal eyelets located at
>the front and rear of the head that stick up and allow for the balancer
>chains to go through.
>
>They are also installed on my 1500 engine as well.
>
>Andrew Murphy
>SoCalROC

John Hogan
1967.5 Datsun 2000 SRL311-00141 "Solex"