Re: Roadster (wife) question

To: "Pamela Bauman" <ntrlclr@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Roadster (wife) question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 19:34:43 -0500
Your answer is typical. Democrats don't consider $40,000 incomes to be rich
or even with people with 100K salaries to be rich. They're not as naive or
stupid as you make them out to be. What you said is the typical BS that the
Republicans feed the people.

Believe me the rich, well semi rich, those with incomes of 250K plus, pay
less taxes than the middle class as a percentage of their income.  What your
problem is, and a vast majority of Americans, is that you don't realize the
tax dodges and other legal maneuvering that rich people do.

I worked in the trusts and estates department of a large law firm in NYC and
you can't believe what goes on. I've seen their tax returns and for the hell
of it calculated the percentages of what they paid in taxes and it made me
ill. Sure they paid more than me but they earned a hell of a lot more money
than me too. You just can't believe the plans tax lawyers come up with. One
deal for a very rich family was so complicated it boggled the imagination.
Kinda like Enron, the Republican's best friend.

Personally I think both parties stink and that toooo many politicians are
whores. But at least with a whore you get a sense of exhilaration and leave
satisfied but with a politician you leave with an empty feeling and a pain
in the ass. UNLESS you're rich and get laws specifically written for you
which happens a lot more than any of us know.

Mike