Re: A/C in Roadsters

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A/C in Roadsters
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:51:56 -0600
>> Greetings,
>> I was wondering if anyone has A/C installed in their car....or knows of
>> someone who does

>Mark Dent:

> I have seen the A/C setup from a Geo Metro swapped into a Fiat.  Should
> work for a Datsun, the biggest problem is no vents in the dash, the one in
> the Fiat just dumped into the floor about where the heater box is.  Not
> fancy, but functional.  When I complete the KA24 swap I plan on keeping the
> A/C functional.

You might check with Vintage Air, in San Antonio (I think). They do all
sorts of custom systems for resto work and street rods. I may talk to them
about building a custom system for the street 510, even though I have the
under dash component that was in the car when I bought it. It actually
worked, but you sure could tell when that York compressor kicked on. The
trick these days seems to be to use the small rotary compressors that have
far less parasitic drag and are much more efficient.

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@attbi.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)