Re: Yet another newbie

To: "'Roadster'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yet another newbie
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 08:14:28 -0600
John,

The "swan neck" manifold is not a good design. Reason for the big "S"
shaped manifold was to allow the Weber's to clear the brake master
cylinder on a Datsun 510.   With the original Nissan Comp manifold,
you had to change out the dual circuit master cylinder for a twin
single setup. Common for racing, but limited sales of aftermarket
manifolds to "weekend warriors" (Term used for the folks who auto-x
on weekends, yet went to work, hauled kids, groceries during the
week).

Solution might be to just find the "straight" intake manifold.
Since the roadsters used a recessed brake master cylinder, the
air cleaner should clear.

Wisconsin?  You need to catch up with Bill Wessel. He is up
there someplace (don't have his address, haven't seen him on
the list in ages).

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.