Re: tire & rim size: Suspension setup question

To: SLBESQ@aol.com, morgansm@bendoutdoor.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire & rim size: Suspension setup question
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:14:52 EST
In a message dated 2/4/2002 8:27:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, SLBESQ@aol.com
writes:

> hi all
> 3 (probably) easy question for you racer types (from a wannabe racer type):
>
> 1) does the addition of the front sway bar increase understeer?  if so, why
>
> add the bar? 2) what about a rear sway bar?  panhard rod?
> and 3) what's the best way to repair/replace the factory "traction bar" (my
>
> name for that bar that went from the axle housing to the frame)?  mine has
> never been on the car, though i have it.  it looks like it's been welded
> more
> than once.
> thanks for all your help.
> steve
> 67.5 H20

Hello,

I dont believe that a front swaybar would increase understeer but the
addition of comp springs without balancing the rear would.

The additional of a rear swaybar...?  I dont know about that but when I added
the rear NISMO Comp Springs the car did like to fishtail.

My factory traction bar came loose at the top where it connects to the frame.
 Many times the attachment point is so chewed up that you need to cut off the
old part and fabricate something new.  That was the case with mine.

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/calspeed1/motorsports.html";>Calspeed</A>