Re: i think my tach is broken :-)

To: roadster@rcn.com, grayc@rpi.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: i think my tach is broken :-)
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 02:15:15 EST
Chris:

I'm afraid if the pointer on your tach was doing donuts then it is probably
gonna need more than just a cleaning. The hair spring is designed to make
only one complete revolution before it starts to kink and eventually
self-destruct. What usually causes this, is the bushings get worn and then
the drag plate comes into contact with the magnet assembly and poof....rats
nest. They are repairable, but the hair spring will have to be replaced.
(After you readjust the drag plate to make up for the worn bushings.) I have
a couple of body bagged tachs and speedo's, so if you need a hair spring then
email me off the list and I will give you one.

Good luck

Jon
Huntington Beach Ca