suspension squeak

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: suspension squeak
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:03:43 -0800
Since the beast is a hanger queen, I though I'd look at all the dark, dirty
places you don't normally look before Solvang. Perhaps some of you can help
me look in the right place.

Since putting the car back together, I've had a small suspension squeak. It
only occurs when going over a washboard surface or over speed bumps, etc.
Not loud or prolonged, just a squeak. I was thinking that maybe one of the
flat rubber thingies on top of the coil springs may have gone bad. Could
this cause squeaking? I checked all the suspension fittings and everything
wrenches tight.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600 (topless, but in the garage)