Re: re. I bought a solex car

To: "Chris Bond" <cbond@carolina.rr.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re. I bought a solex car
From: "Roadster" <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:34:51 -0600
Squirt some oil into the cylinders and recheck compression.  If the
compression comes up your rings are shot.  If not, start looking for leaking
valves and head gasket.  BTW, make sure the engine is warmed up when you
check compression.

Yes, you need to replace the timing gears.  They sustain a good amount of
wear.

You'll have to check with Dann to make sure but I suspect that both sets
will be needed.  Drop him an e-mail.  He is very good about answering
questions.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX