re. I bought a solex car

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: re. I bought a solex car
From: "Chris Bond" <cbond@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 21:04:07 -0500
Hey everyone. I got my solex car home today. I'm disapointed. The car is
wrecked in the front and the engine has low compression on 3 cylinders. The
man I got it from says it ran good when parked. Is it possible valves are
stuck or rings not sealing from years of sitting, or do I need to start
looking for a trustworthy engine rebuilder. Im open for any old engine
reviving tricks. I believe I myself could rering it and get the head work
done, I noticed the price of the timing gears and chain, ouch, do you have to
replace the gears. Another question, does anyone know if an engine gasket set
comes with the head gasket? This I hope is a dumb question, but the page on
ralley didn't specify. They had engine sets and head sets, I was wondering if
I need to order both,hopefully not. Thanks, Chris