Z-cars in the neighborhood (sorta on topic)

To: "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Z-cars in the neighborhood (sorta on topic)
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:19:09 -0600
 I found out at the last minute that the San Antonio Z-Sport club had a
Valentine's Wine tour run through the Texas Hill Country yesterday.  As
it turns out I would have been more than welcome in the roadster (no
brakes right now ;^(  ), and the day was perfect for a run, topping out
at about 75 degrees (unusually warm) sunny and clear.  One of their stops
is just a couple miles down the road at Sister Creek Vineyards, so I got
into the Escort and headed out to meet them  (Parking a discreet distance
a way, so not to ruin any photos).
     There was a modest turnout of about 10 Zs from a beautiful orange
and white '73 240, to some mean looking 300zxs.  Met some nice folks, one
couple in TDROC that I haven't met, and unfortunately their name's
escaped me.  Their current president, Troy Elms was very friendly and let
 me know I should put out the wors to roadster folks that we're welcome
at the March  Z Fiesta "Showoff".  This is a show and shine type affair.
Their having another judged show at a local Nissan Dealership, This is a
trial run for the ZCCA Convention to be held in SA in June.
     Here's the neat part!  Troy has welcomed Roadsters to the car show
portion of the ZCCA convention to be held in Bandera, just outside San
Antonio.  Slated to be part of this event is the US rollout of the
production 350 Z and an apperance by Mr K.  Troy would like to make room
for a  contingent of roadsters at the show, perhaps in a place of honor
to show the heritage of the Nissan marque.  Anyone interested from TDROC,
SEROC, Etc?
The 350 Z will be on display for the entire convention, apparently, but
is slated to be at the car show proper

-Marc T.