Re: gear oil question/warning

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>,
Subject: Re: gear oil question/warning
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:06:51 -0600
O'Farrell,  Fergus wrote

> Now I gotta
>drain and go back to 75-90W.  You don't wanna know what your forearms feel
>like after pumping 4.6 pints of 140W thru a tube.   Fergus O, 69 2000,
>HB,CA.
I set up my quart bottles of Castrol Gear oil like an IV with a tube
going from the nozzle to the trans filler, keeping a pony clamp handy to
cut off the flow in needed.  Made a Duct Tape hanging strap, cut a small
triangular hole i n the bottom of the bottle, and at back and let gravity
work for me.  The Gear oil IV was hanging over the engine bay, with the
tube running down the left-hand side of the engine to the trans.  Worked
fine, and pretty mess free.

-Marc T.