Lower Tensioner

To: bbtmc@ozemail.com.au
Subject: Lower Tensioner
From: RIckSRL@cs.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:16:33 EST
Hi all,
for all those who asked me off-line.
Here it is once again,
L" for body is right! Checked Part number in the Nissan/Datsun parts
master catalogue.
The one I ordered was from a Z20 engine, but also used on L, LD and
NA-engines. Part number 13070-21002

The foot is from H20 engine. No difference with stock U20 part.
Part number 13070-32200.
Maybe the same part than "R-engine" I have no experience with.

Important note:
The body of the H20 looks like the stock one and fits like the stock
one, but a closer look shows that the oil drain to the
mounting block is 2 mm higher.
So don't use it as no oil pressure will pass to the tensioner.

The Z, L, LD & NA-body has been lightly drilled at
the beginning of the oil drain(10mm) this small cavity
is to be sure that oil gets to the tensioner, even if the
assembling with the mounting block and the engine block
is not properly done (worn out or assembly).

Chris - The Belgian Roadster

This is a copy of a saved e-mail. I am currently running this setup in my car.

Rick Stayner
69 2000
Harrisburg, Pa