Re: Static timing x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>,
Subject: Re: Static timing x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:11:14 -0800 (PST)
If the distributor is 180 degrees off, then you have the shaft between
the oil pump and distributor in 180 degrees off.  This is very possible
as the bottom is not keyed and will fit in either way.  The top is
keyed to one side so the distributor will only fit in one way.

If it is off 180 degrees, you can either disassemble the distributor
tower to get it in right, or simply rotate your plug wires 180 degrees
to match.  There is no performance difference by having it in this way.

--- L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org> wrote:
> List,
> Hope you can help us straighten out a possible problem. I know this
> is
> in the archives but they are down ...
>  To static time the engine the pointer is at 16 deg before TDC for
> 1600
> recurved distributor. The rotor points to #4plug wire on cap :
> --4------3--------2----------1----     front of car
>
>    dist.    1   2
>               3  4
>
>  Is distributor 180 deg off? Piston on #1 cylinder is up,  but it is
> hard  to tell if it is compression stroke or exhaust.  Should push
> rods
> be down on #1 for compression stroke or up?
> thanks,
> linda
> 68 1600 white

=====