67 2000 info

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 67 2000 info
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:41:36 -0500
I borrowed Jeff Gaver's copy of the new Brooklands Roadster Performance
Portfolio as it had some articles that I had not seen before.  I was reading
the articles and perusing the pictures, and what do I see but a late cam
cover on a 67 2000 Solex car.  I assumed that it is a late article, but no,
it was in October 1967 while the other articles were a month later.  For
those that don't know (if you don't care, hit delete as I have wasted too
much of your time already!) it has been postulated that the 67 2000s all
came with a cam cover that had the rivet in the letter C.  The article that
in that book proves otherwise as it shows very clearly that the rivet is
further foreward where the "later" cam covers had them.

Oh yeah, for those 1600 owners that have hung on through this bit of
esoterica, the cover car is a 1970 1600 - yes, the one that everyone told
you is the least collectable.  Interesting I thought.  In fact, the color
photos on the back cover have one 2000 (slightly modified) and 3 1600s
(another 70 in there too!)

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060