-More Blow For Your Buck- (Blow motor Upgrade)

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: -More Blow For Your Buck- (Blow motor Upgrade)
From: Eric Wittinger <ewittinger@Pixelworks.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:44:34 -0800
Okay the title is a little in appropriate but I have been out of the country
for work and have been for over a week (in Korea) and I couldn't pass up the
oportunaty to make a pun people would actually understand :-) Return home in 2
days and can't wait!!!

I had a similar problem and I read the upgrade your blower article and didn't
like the way it sounds, I figured I would mess something up. So I Upgraded my
blower motor with a 240Z blower motor (very cheap at a wrecking yard).   As For
performance sit in a Z and turn on the heater and hear the air roar!

Now how to do it :-) It does involve some work not as much as modifying the
origonal motor IMO.

1. You will have to driil out the spot welds that hold the mounting plate
(large round disk around the motor) Be careful nt to drill into the motor
casing to far.

2.  You will have to cut this mounting plate once it is removed from the motor
to the same shape as the roadster (only if you want), the cutting and measuring
is not hard.

3. You will also have to put the roadster blow cage on the Z motor. The Z cage
is plastic and its diameter is to large to fit in the normal mounting hole.
This is an easy swap.

4. You will have to line things up and make sure spacing it correct, Move the
plate forward on the motor

5.  Once everythihng is lined up, hook battery to the motor and make sure it
does not rub (woble) on anything.

6. Once satisfied weld it in place (take 1 min) and re-install.

Okay now for some advice take the heater control for the Z also it is a spring
resistor setup that controls the speed, and replace the roadsters spd control
with it.  Why? I did not and the 2 settings the roadster has are okay really
slow (Mouse breathing mode) and full power (Rat breathing mode). They have now
changed to low mode and full blast mode.

Full power on the Z fan is too much for the roadster heater core.  :-(  you end
up getting luke warm air instead of hot. ( I just put in a new heater core,
recored, so that is not the problem)  I think I have some pictures of this
someplace I can look if any one is interested.

Ask questions if you have them.

Also a word of warning on the seat heaters Test them well before you install
them. Trying to expalin "burnt buns" could be hard and if the Temp gets a
little hot when you are in a stressful driving situation. Just something to
think about. when testing new features

Seat heaters to be installed soon also just need proper testing :-) And fine
ones I like.

Eric
1965 320 1200 pickup for sale ASAP, Needs restoration, strait, cheap!
1966 1600 for sale Daily driver
1966 1600 keeper
1967.5 1600 for sale Daily driver
1967.5 1600 race car
1972 240z for sale Show room interor, daily driver exterior, daily driver
1970 240Z soon to be daily driver (next to show room quality in and out)