Re: FW: Buick 215 all-aluminum V8

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Buick 215 all-aluminum V8
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:13:04 EST
In a message dated 2/19/02 2:24:41 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
lou_daly@yahoo.com writes:

> is this the same base as the rover 3500?
> is it also the same base in the mgb v8?
> lou

Pretty much - yup the same engine - and a darned good price too - provided
the engine is not toast. Sold my olds215 about 10 yr ago for $250 ( well...
actually came home to find that my ex had sold it w/out me knowing it <grrrr>
 but thats another story)  It was destined for  a an mgb-gt at the time. IIRC
the olds was the higher performance  of the three BPO versions.... there was
a factory 4bbl manifold avail too.

I'd snap it up if it were in the PHX area....

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ