Re: FW: Buick 215 all-aluminum V8

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Buick 215 all-aluminum V8
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:47:07 -0800 (PST)
This brings back memories of driving my mom's '62 Olds
F-85 with this engine (2 brl) when I just turned 16.
Was ripping it with a carload of friends when I blew a
spark plug so hard it dented the hood.  Those aluminum
threads were not enough for the torque, I guess.  Did
some fancy 'splainin' when I got home that
night...That little car would scat!  I believe that
was the first year for that engine.

Mike
Charleston SC

http://sports.yahoo.com