SU Air Filter Substitute?

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Air Filter Substitute?
From: Robert Giel <giel@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:20:30 -0800
What are the dimensions of the oval shaped air filter
"cartridge?" for the 1966 SPL-311 (R16 engine using SU
carbs)?
I need to know the longest outside dimension of the oval
(curve to curve), the shorter outside dimension of the oval
(flat side to flat side), and the thickness of the filter.
It would also be nice (but not as critical for my purposes)
to know the same dimensions of the inside oval shaped "hole"
in the middle of the oval.

Which (if any) filters (commercially available in the United
States), fit this application?

FRAM lists their CA352 air filter, but gives dimensions that
seem too small unless it is a round filter that is supposed
to be disstored into an oval shape.  Even then, I think it
would be a poor fit.

TIA,
Bob Gi el, Los Angeles
SPL311-05249,  1966 1600
--
Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.
        and remember: