Re: Chrome side emblems

To: WBoyd1959@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrome side emblems
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:22:53 EST
In a message dated 2/20/2002 9:52:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
WBoyd1959@aol.com writes:

> Need some input.  Talking chrome side emblems for my '67 1600 with vendor,
> after getting sticker shock pricing new ones.  He suggested a laser cut
> chrome tape emblem made using the original emblem patterns.  These are
> adhered to body after final color sanding of new paint job, before the
> clear
> coats are applied. ... Has anyone done this or seen these type of emblems?

Hello,

I have seen them used on a SoCal car and they look great!  No they are no
original equipment but that obviously isnt the issue.  The quality of the
decals are wonderful and once the clear is applied over the decals you have a
maintenance free emblem.

Calspeed