Re: Chrome side emblems

To: WBoyd1959@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Chrome side emblems
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:23:07 EST
In a message dated 2/20/02 10:52:31 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
WBoyd1959@aol.com writes:

> Advantages are: permanent; no deterioration to worry about.  Should stay
> looking as good as day they were applied. No waxing of little ins and outs.
>
> Disadvantages: Don't know; does anyone?  These have been used on some race
> cars apparently.  Has anyone done this or seen these type of emblems?
>
> I would like to go this route if the appearance is good, but looking for
> feedback. I can't visualize the final "look", and need to see examples, if
> they exist...
>
> Thanks......

   When I was working in the sign shop we used that technique for many a year
with no problems.  And the local harley custom shop (Nick - who lived in a
closet in his shop) used it too for custom tanks.

  The advice I'd give -  Have them cut out of the thinnest vinyl you can(thin
= quality in vinyl graphics)

  Put them on right over the base coat, before any clear is sprayed

  Make sure that enough clear gets sprayed over them to withstand polishing
and buffing.  They are dimensional - it's only 2 mil, but it shows - enough
clear over them and you can buff it perfectly smooth.

Mark, not

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC