Re: how to start after months of sitting

To: "Post to Datsun Net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: how to start after months of sitting
From: "Robb Pynes" <robbpynes@continet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:45:14 -0800
Mine sit for most of the winter, I do start occasionally. once a month if I
remember.

I find that the darn things are hard to start, so I don't step on the pedal
or pull the choke (SU's) for a couple of seconds to get the oil statrted
pumping

Then I push down on the pedala and pull the choke all the way out and keep
cranking......,

They will eventually start and by that time oil has done it job before the
high rpms can take affect.

I chage oil and filters regularly and do most of the maintence durring
Summer months

Am I missing something ??

Robb Pynes
robbpynes@continet.com

Eugene, Oregon

'69 2000 RHD "Red" Special class award winner Shasta '98
'69 2000 LHD What Color do you want ? Unstarted Project Car
'70 2000 LHD "Black" 3rd Place Modified Class Shasta '99